The film division of Persephone’s Daughters, Girls Don’t Cry, is officially open for submissions. Completed films of any length are eligible as well as screenplays/scripts of any length that abide by the Persephone’s Daughters mission to empower women who have experienced various forms of abuse and degradation. Screenplay/script submissions must be sent through Submittable using the Submissions button below. Film submissions will be accepted through FilmFreeway, YouTube, and Vimeo primarily.
Rules and Terms: By submitting your film or screenplay/script you have read and agreed to all rules and terms and conditions. If you have any further questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
1. Online screeners (films) accepted via FilmFreeway, YouTube, or Vimeo. If YouTube, send us a link to your unlisted video. If Vimeo, send us a link to your private video. All links must have functional passwords; links must be sent to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If a password or code is changed, please notify us immediately at the aforementioned email address. Screenplays/scripts accepted via Submittable using the fields below.
2. Entries have no completion date criteria. Films from the 90’s are welcome as far as we’re concerned, just as long as you’re the one who created them.
3. There is no premiere requirement for films.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. International submissions are welcome and encouraged. International films must either have English as the primary language or must be subtitled.
6. Screenplays/scripts currently are not eligible for print publication and will be exclusive to the online website.
7. The submission window is open indefinitely and submissions are free.
8. If your film is accepted for Official Selection, please email a presskit, including a headshot of the director and main cast and bios of the director and main cast, to email@example.com.
The official PD film submission page for FilmFreeway can be found here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By entering your film for consideration for the Persephone’s Daughters film division, Girls Don’t Cry, you authorize that your work is cleared for exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. An accepted submission constitutes permission to exhibit your work on our website. Persephone’s Daughters is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for promotional or educational purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Persephone’s Daughters from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, and screening. Persephone’s Daughters may opt to withdraw your work from the website at any time for any reason.